Hendersonville is the second largest downtown in western North Carolina and is bursting with fun adventures to explore. Downtown Hendersonville, NC, is also a part of the Main Street Program from the National Trust for Historic Preservation. The Main Street Program aims to strengthen communities by revitalizing historic downtowns like Hendersonville, NC, through preservation-based economic development.
There are so many shops, restaurants, museums, festivals, and more to explore in downtown Hendersonville, NC, so book the adventure of a lifetime today! The Horse Shoe Farm offers guests stunning wedding venues, spa & wellness retreats, fine dining, lodging accommodations, and more in Hendersonville, NC. You can experience the history, unique charm, and adventures of downtown Hendersonville, NC, by booking your stay today at The Horse Shoe Farm.
Top 9 Things To Explore in Downtown Hendersonville, NC
- Bearfootin’ Art Walk: For decades, this annual auction event in downtown Hendersonville, NC, has helped raise money for local nonprofit organizations and the city. The Bearfootin’ Art Walk highlights the talented local artists and the incredible work from local nonprofits.
- Hendersonville Farmers Market: Get fresh produce, crafts, and other goodies at the Farmers Market in downtown Hendersonville, NC. There is also fantastic live music to enjoy while you shop.
- Rhythm & Brews Concert Series: You can enjoy free concerts in downtown Hendersonville, NC, during the summer. Have a blast listening to incredible live music and devouring yummy food from the local food trucks.
- Appalachian Pinball Museum: In downtown Hendersonville, NC, you can find this iconic pinball museum. Enjoy over 80 different games while you learn about arcade history.
- Mineral & Lapidary Museum of Henderson County: This is another excellent museum in downtown Hendersonville, NC. Learn about the history and beauty of minerals, gems, fossils, and other artifacts found in North Carolina and internationally.
- Hands On! Children’s Museum: This is a must-see in downtown Hendersonville, NC, if you have small children. This museum is dedicated to letting children learn through hands-on activities and exhibits.
- Team ECCO Inc: This is a fintastic aquarium in downtown Hendersonville, NC.
- North Carolina Apple Festival: Celebrate the apple industry with this fun annual festival in downtown Hendersonville, NC.
- Self-Guided Tour: Explore the glorious downtown Hendersonville, NC, on a self-guided tour.