THE HORSE SHOE FARM – EXECUTIVE CHEF
The Executive Chef is responsible for overseeing all aspects of the Farm’s food & beverage operations along with the successful launch and operation of a new on-site restaurant. The Executive Chef is responsible for the design of new menus, attracts and retains staff members, and oversees all day-to-day operations. Top candidates are creative, service-oriented, and level-headed. S/he will be responsible for exemplifying The Horse Shoe Farm culture as well as promoting The Horse Shoe Farm as the premier destination of choice!
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Design new recipes, plan menus, and select plate presentations.
- Ensure promptness, freshness, and quality of dishes.
- Implement hygiene policies and examine equipment for cleanliness.
- Review staffing levels to meet service, operational, and financial objectives.
- Hire, train, and manage kitchen staff, such as cooks, food preparation workers, and dishwashers.
- Hire, train, and manage FOH staff, such as servers and bartenders.
- Set and monitor performance standards for all staff.
- Perform administrative tasks, take stock of food and equipment supplies, and complete purchase orders.
- Create detailed reports on weekly, monthly, and annual revenues and expenses.
- Obtain feedback on food and service quality, and handle customer problems and complaints.
- Promote the brand in the local community through word-of-mouth and restaurant events.
REQUIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- 2+ Years of Culinary Education
- 5+ Years of Experience in a Similar Position
- Advanced knowledge of food professional principles and practices.
- Advanced knowledge of restaurant management software.
- Proficient knowledge of human resources management.
- Excellent knowledge of BOH systems, ordering, and inventory.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to meet deadlines.
- Acute financial management skills.
- Available to work on-call, shifts, after hours, over weekends, and on public holidays.
PREFERRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- Knowledge of local markets and local business contacts
- Bilingual – English/Spanish preferred
PHYSICAL DEMANDS, WORK ENVIRONMENT, & CONTEXT:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be able to perform major life activities: standing, lifting, bending, reaching, learning, reading, concentrating, thinking, and communicating
- Must be able to push or pull 60 pounds and lift and/or carry 30 pounds
40+ Hours per Week, Suggested Thursday – Monday (Select Holidays Required)
On-Call as needed after hours, on weekends, and holidays