THE HORSE SHOE FARM – GUEST EXPERIENCE MANAGER
The Guest Experience Manager is responsible for overseeing all aspects of a guest’s interaction with and time on property while cultivating a lasting impression. This role embraces the property’s vision and service culture while promoting a well-rounded knowledge of the property and area attractions. The Guest Experience Manager shall strive to provide exceptional service to both internal and external guests at all times. S/he will be responsible for exemplifying The Horse Shoe Farm culture as well as promoting The Horse Shoe Farm as the premier destination of choice!
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Serve as the primary “front desk” representative
- Answer inbound calls and direct to appropriate representative, if necessary (group sales, weddings, spa, etc.)
- Answer questions about the property and general availability
- Process and manage bookings/reservations for overnight guests
- Schedule and facilitate property tours for prospective guests when needed
- Assist in responding to RFP’s
- Assist in maintaining visual appearance of all common area spaces
- Serve as the liaison and concierge for guests while on-property
- Facilitate guest check-ins and deliver property introduction presentation
- Identify and develop on-site activity recommendations and itineraries for guests
- Answer questions about service availability and upsell wherever possible
- Offer recommendations for area activities, dining, shopping, etc.
- Assist in setting up and maintaining on-site activities (fires, Farm House games, etc.
- Assist the General Manager with after-hours (emergency) calls
- Maintain a friendly, cheerful and courteous demeanor at all times, while providing personalized service to guests
- Assist the Steward, General Manager, and Marketing Manager in creating and implementing packages and special promotions
- Assist other departments in daily operations including Marketing, Food & Beverage Housekeeping, and Maintenance
REQUIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree or comparable years of experience in the hospitality/resort industry
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.)
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills, both verbal and written and the ability to work well with co-workers and the public.
- Ability to communicate in English both orally and in writing
- Ability to present clear, concise and meaningful information to owners, guests, managers and employees
- Ability to use systems and equipment including personal computer, scanner, copier, calculator, reservation & property management system, and other software/machinery as required
PREFERRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- Knowledge of local markets and local business contacts
- Bilingual – English/Spanish preferred
PHYSICAL DEMANDS, WORK ENVIRONMENT, & CONTEXT:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be able to perform major life activities: standing, lifting, bending, reaching, learning, reading, concentrating, thinking, and communicating
- Must be able to push or pull 60 pounds and lift and/or carry 30 pounds
- Must be able to climb approximately 20-30 steps multiple times per day
- Must be physically able to regularly inspect all areas of interior and exterior of facility
40+ Hours per Week, Suggested Thursday – Monday (Select Holidays Required)
On-Call as needed after hours, on weekends, and holidays