THE HORSE SHOE FARM – LEAD SERVER
The Silo Cookhouse at The Horse Shoe Farm is excited to announce that we are hiring for Lead Server! The Horse Shoe Farm is a family-owned intimate, luxury farm available for vacation rentals, retreats and events. The Silo Cookhouse, our new, fine dining restaurant concept, serves locally sourced farm to table ingredients in creative ways.
The Lead Server is responsible for ensuring guests have the best possible dining experience that meets The Horse Shoe Farm standard. The Lead Server will greet guests and guide their experience, serve food and beverages, manage guest requests and expectations, and check on guest satisfaction. The Lead Server will act as coordinator of all details needed for a smooth and elevated dining experience and ensure that all front of house staff smoothly interacts with guests and the back of house.
This position is ideal for those with many years of restaurant experience and excellent leadership and interpersonal skills. The Lead Server will be a Part Time position for Wednesday through Saturday dinner service. There is the opportunity for additional hours for multiple events and functions that take place throughout the year.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Greet and serve guests, while promoting the brand’s unique style and high standard of dining experience
- Learn and know all menu items and specifications
- Prepare dining room and seating area for service, including ensuring greeting area and dining room are clean and tables are set and reviewing menu
- Describe menu to guests and answer questions about menu, dining experience and general background on the property
- Touch tables during shift to check on guests and expedite service
- Act as lead to wait staff, including providing direction and guidance for service and ensuring any questions or issues with food or service are answered
- Act as liaison to back of house staff to expedite service
- Resolve any guest issues, concerns or requests
- Coordinate dining room scheduling and ensure enough staff are available for a given shift
- Train new employees on standard operating procedures and unique style of The Silo Cookhouse
- Know and follow federal and state laws and company policies related to the sale of alcohol
- Monitor and maintain cleanliness, sanitation and organization of restaurant space
- Practice safety standards and report all unsafe conditions to the proper person.
- Complete opening and closing duties
- Work additional restaurant shifts and positions, such as special events and functions, as needed
REQUIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- Prior experience in service industry required
- High School diploma or GED preferred
- Proficiency in POS systems and Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.)
- Outgoing with strong attention to detail and ability to work without constant supervision
- Enthusiasm for being part of a growing business, with the ability and willingness to help out wherever is needed
- Ability to communicate in English both orally and in writing
- Ability to present clear, concise and meaningful information to owners, guests, managers and employees
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills, both verbal and written and the ability to work well with co-workers and the public.
- Excellent customer service and friendly, positive attitude
- Excellent record of attendance
- Requires moderate physical activity, handling of average-weight objects, up to 40 pounds, and standing and/or walking for up to eight (8) hours per day.
- Basic adherence to safety precautions and sanitary regulation.
Wednesday – Sunday dinner service; select holidays required; opportunity for additional hours for functions and special events as needed