THE SILO COOKHOUSE – PART-TIME SERVER
The Silo Cookhouse at The Horse Shoe Farm is excited to announce that we are hiring for Server! The Horse Shoe Farm is a family-owned intimate, luxury farm available for vacation rentals, retreats and events. The Silo Cookhouse, our new, fine dining restaurant concept, serves locally sourced farm to table ingredients in creative ways.
The Server is responsible for ensuring guests have the best possible dining experience that meets The Horse Shoe Farm standard. The Server will greet guests and guide their experience, serve food and beverages, manage guest requests and expectations, and check on guest satisfaction.
The Server will be a Part Time position for dinner service. There is the opportunity for additional hours for multiple events and functions that take place throughout the year.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Greet and serve guests, while promoting the brand’s unique style and high standard of dining experience
- Learn and know all menu items and specifications
- Prepare dining room and seating area for service, including ensuring greeting area and dining room are clean and tables are set and reviewing menu
- Describe menu to guests and answer questions about menu, dining experience and general background on the property
- Serve food and beverage, check on guests and expedite exceptional service
- Liaise with back of house staff to expedite service
REQURED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- Prior experience in fine dining required
- High School diploma or GED preferred
- Ability to communicate in English both orally and in writing
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills and the ability to work well with co-workers and the public
- Excellent customer service and friendly, positive attitude
- Excellent record of attendance
- Requires moderate physical activity, handling of average-weight objects, up to 40 pounds.
- Basic adherence to safety precautions and sanitary regulation.
$20.00 per hour
Weekend availability, holidays, evening shift