THE HORSE SHOE FARM – SPA DIRECTOR
The Horse Shoe Farm is an 85-acre boutique farm resort in the heart of the Blue Ridge mountains. This spectacular property is home to The Stable Spa, a unique spa experience set in the luxury of an eclectic, whimsical converted horse barn. The Stable Spa offers signature and specialty massages, wellness & transformative therapies, acupuncture, body and foot treatments and classes, workshops and retreats. The Horse Shoe Farm is a family-run business looking for the right person to lead our Spa & Wellness program based out of The Stable Spa. The ideal candidate is a hospitality-driven, detail-oriented, passionate person who can multitask.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Manage, hire, train and develop staff of 20 + therapists, instructors & staff including schedules, continuing education and oversight of their performances.
- Work with management to make strategic and operational decisions for the Spa with regards to treatments and philosophies
- Assist in scheduling (phone, email, online booking), classes (weekly/private), spa lunches
- Provide 5 star client experience from the first moment they arrive, including handling and resolving customer requests, suggestions or complaints in a prompt and efficient manner. Tour, treatment, integration and checkout.
- Coordinate group retreats (bachelorette, large gatherings, work retreats, etc.) and manage details of their event (treatments, food, lodging)
- Constant monitoring of schedule to ensure treatment availability for guests, intake forms, special requests (enhancements, chronic illness)
- Manage spa services, payroll, retail, employee/client profiles and reports in Vagaro (online booking system)
- Create and manage weekly classes and add to event website and social media.
- Participate in marketing of the Spa, including but not limited to helping management organize marketing events and raising community awareness of the Spa
- Ensure safety protocol needs for the Spa
- Monitor maintenance issues and coordinate with maintenance staff to fulfill requests.
- Provide monthly expense report to accounting.
- Housekeeping : Laundry, clean and vacuum floors, dust, windows, trash, dishes.
- Opening / closing of the Spa (daily setup)
- Manage and order products for treatments / retail
- Monitor communication with other managerial staff on Farm (Dropbox, Slack, Grasshopper)
- Demonstrate and maintain excellent and respectful communication skills with therapists, instructors and staff.
REQUIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- College degree and 2+ years of management experience in Spa, preferably in a luxury setting.
- Represent The Horse Shoe Farm through personal appearance, communication and attitude
- Must have reliable transportation and be willing to run local errands
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Impeccable attention to detail and eye for cleanliness and order
- Demonstrate complete ownership of any task through focus, determination and attention to detail.
- Possess a mindset toward achieving the highest level of service and guest experience possible
- Demonstrate an attitude of teamwork by working collaboratively with peers
- Open and receptive to changing needs and priorities
- Welcome suggestions, feedback, and new ideas from staff and guests
- Ability to climb stairs, bend and lift up to 35 pounds
Full-Time, Day Shift, Weekend Availability